Project 5 – Mulin Tang

Our project 5 ask us to create a chess piece using photogrammetry. The role I’m assigned is the Queen.

I took one of my friend as model (I took 283 photos, but memento only allow maximum of 250 for one model). All (arm, leg, dress, fabric detail and accessory on her hands) turns well except everything above her should. So I decided to chop her head off and append another head onto the body using meshmixer. And to emphasise the characteristic of a queen, I found a crown model online and append it to my model. The obj file on sketch fab is shown below. And it can also be found on thingiverse.

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 3.10.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 11.28.03 AM.png

Sketchfab

Thingiverse

Printing difficulties: The crown wasn’t able to be printed. (Since the crown is pretty small and has a lot of details on it, printing as the actual design scale is hard for the printer to figure out.) However, all the rest turns out well.

Advertisements
This entry was posted by mulintang.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: