Bridget’s Project 5
For our fifth project, we were assigned to create chess pieces using photogrammetry. I was assigned the pawn, which means my chess piece person had to be kneeling. I took 108 photos of my friend Chloe and the result wasn’t as beautiful as I had hoped. I used 123D catch to create the image and then imported it into Meshmixer to smooth it out the best I could and combine it with the base for the chess piece. You can see my final product on Thingiverse and Sketchfab.
As you can see, photogrammetry is much harder than it seems. Even after many trials of taking over 100 photos, my best design isn’t that great. Definitely an art form that takes some time to master.
Here are some pictures from the final print:
I’m especially happy with the detail in the shirt. You can pretty clearly see some wrinkles.